16.2K views
1.8

In 2014-Nov, my dermatologist provided me with a "Trial Coupon" for JUBLIA; a topical solution used to treat toenails. The trial coupon offers a "$0 copay for 12 months" of this medicine. I called the phone number on the marketing material to establish my account and reached "PHILIDOR RX SERVICES LLC" who, unsurprisingly, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the manufacturer of JUBLIA. The medicine bottle is very small and only lasts 2 WEEKS ... and the treatment length is 48 WEEKS. At each renewal, the product's online pharmacy "PHILIDOR RX SERVICES LLC" bills my medical insurance $450.75. Considering 24 renewals at $450.75, that is a whopping total-treatment-cost of $10,818.00 !!

Getting back to my point, Philidor RX Services continues to INCORRECTLY bill my health insurance which, in turn, is impacting my HSA / MRA Funds - each time, removing $100 from MY Medical Reimbursement Account. Upon speaking with United Health Care, they informed me that (1) Philidor has a previously-established contract with UHC for $350.75 and (2) UHC sends Philidor an EOB each and every time they MISTAKENLY bill UHC at the higher, non-agreed rate of $450.75.

I've spoken with Philidor RX numerous times, via email as well as telephone, and (1) they refuse to take ownership of the billing mistake - despite UHC and my employer's benefits administration team stating with 100% certainty that Philidor is the ONLY one to blame, (2) despite numerous customer service personnel promising me that the issue will no longer occur, Philidor continues to evade fixing their billing issue.

Thus far, Philidor's mistakes have impacted my MRA funds by $350. Since Philidor has assured me, numerous times, that the mishap was fully corrected, I am left to assume that this either being done intentionally or they are clueless as to how to properly navigate the healthcare billing world.

I would NOT recommend anyone using the Philidor RX Services LLC pharmacy. I would also strongly hesitate to recommend a topical medicine, intended for 48 weeks of treatment but deliberately delivered in a 2-week portion thereby costing the already-suffering American Healthcare system a SMALL FORTUNE (for a mere toenail fungus?!).

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of jublia topical toenail medicine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $350. Philidor Rx Services needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned jublia topical toenail medicine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Philidor Rx Services.

Had an Experience with Philidor Rx Services?

Comments

This topical lasts me over a month each time; not sure how much you are applying! Never had a problem

They are not calling me back !!!!! Any8ne else having this problem ??

You win the prize for the dumbest ads on television.First, you ran one with a female stepping onto a red carpet in closed shoes.

A horrified reporter proclaims, "Toenail fungus." Things have not improved with the male version.The male actor also steps out with closed shoes only to have a reporter, in some miraculous way, notice that he is also a victim of toenail fungus.

With such *** ads, for which the company probably paid big bucks, why would even a somewhat intelligent consumer be swayed to buy your product?

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1057639

If anyone reading this board has any information concerning the Philidor/Valeant situation that you feel may be useful, please contact the law office us at truthaboutvaleant -at- gmail -dot- com The right information will qualify for a very sizable reward. We are particularly interested in anyone who has been in contact with John Hempton, Roddy Boyd, Russell Reitz, Gary Kaufman or Andrew Left or anyone speaking on their behalf. If you have been in contact with them or know of anyone who has, please reach out.You may have been in contact with them and not have known it was them so if you spoke to anyone before 9/25/15, please email us, you may qualify for a very large reward.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1057636

If anyone reading this board has any information concerning the Philidor/Valeant situation that you feel may be useful, please contact the law office us at truthaboutvaleant@gmail.com The right information will qualify for a very sizable reward. We are particularly interested in anyone who has been in contact with John Hempton, Roddy Boyd, Russell Reitz, Gary Kaufman or Andrew Left or anyone speaking on their behalf. If you have been in contact with them or know of anyone who has, please reach out.You may have been in contact with them and not have known it was them so if you spoke to anyone before 9/25/15, please email us, you may qualify for a very large reward.

Wow. I was looking into using this company after my dr game me the coupons but after seeing the reviews and reading the responses from what seems like a representative from the company philidor there is no way I would use them now. How disgusting and unprofessional !

I dont know where to start.You people truly have no clue what kind of insurance you have and how it works.

You should blame your employer for the crappy health plan not a pharmacy. News flash! The only people that can take money out of your hsa account is you and your insurance company.

Philidor doesnt have access to your account.That is the plan you signed up for Blame yourselves!

Numerous phone calls to try to stop them from auto refilling a prescription.I was assured several times it was taken care of and yet, here comes another unwanted knock at my door from UPS delivering their prescription.

Nothing but a hassle to try to get return labels to send their product back. Shannon even insisted that noon on 9/2 to noon on 9/4 was NOT the 48 hrs. allotted wait time to EMAIL me a return label.

Never again Philador and I'll tell everyone I know to steer clear.I'm going to let my physician know that this service is a scam and to not recommend using it ever again.

right.so negligent and fraudulent yet we help thousands of patients each week.

pretty sure if there were a scam involved, action would have been taken.ignorant people love to blame.

to Anonymous #1019579

You're not helping me anymore.Raising the copay from $0 to $40 3 weeks after I started the medication (that I have to take for a year!) with no notice or explanation.

Raising it higher than my insurance's own mail-order pharmacy, to about the same amount as Walgreen's. After quoting me a year of no copays.

Yeah, I'd call that a scam.And I know who to blame.